Applications for 2023 will open May 1, 2023 and close September 30, 2023. All applications are accepted through our online portal.
Does Your Organization Qualify To Apply?
Grants may only be made to a registered charity or other qualified donees defined under the Income Tax Act. If you are not sure that your organization is a qualified donee, you may visit the Charities section of the Canada Revenue Agency website. If you are a non-qualified donee, please call our office and find out how you can still receive funding through an alternative avenue.
Grants aim to support our region of Northwestern Alberta. To be eligible for a Grant, you must:
- Have met all reporting requirements if you have had other grants from the Community Foundation.
- Demonstrate inclusiveness and respect for cultural diversity.
- Demonstrate financial responsibility and effective management.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the project through a meaningful contribution of their own human/and or financial resources.
The Community Foundation supports growth and innovation through grants for projects that:
- Demonstrate local action to achieve results.
- Link the organizations mandate and strategic plans.
- Show evidence of collaboration with others in the same field within our region.
- Work together to create a better future and to address challenges.
The Community Foundation does not offer Grants for:
- Sports/club events or sponsorships
- Fees for professional performers or guest artists
- Support for individuals
- Endowment funds
- Activities of religious organizations that primarily serve their membership and/or direct religious purposes
- Political activity that is prohibited by the Canada Revenue Agency
Our Grant Program promotes a healthy, vibrant community that embraces diversity and support all of its members. It is through the generosity of our fund holders and donors that we are able to offer these grants to our region. The Community Foundation is honoured to be able to offer these grants to you. Charitable organizations are the heart of the community, making our region a better place to work, play and live. Thank you for the work you do. We are reimagining community together!
Notes About the Process
All submitted materials become the property of the Community Foundation. By submitting an application, you consent to and acknowledge that we may share information about your application and/or your organization on our website and with media, our staff and Board of Directors, donors, and subject-matter experts.
Staff may contact you to discuss your application or request additional information about your project or organization during the review process. Follow up reporting is required from all successful grant applicants.
For more information, please contact Amanda Cyr
We are very proud of the continued relationships with the following community leaders. Partnerships with organizations that are dedicated to giving back to their local community ensure that your Northwestern Alberta Foundation can continue to build community. Please support those who support us!